About the Study
TraX is tracking our communities’ responses to the mpox outbreak and investigating vaccine uptake and real-world effectiveness in Australia
Since May 2022, a large outbreak of mpox has spread to many countries around the world, mostly in gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men. In Australia, a vaccine is being targeted towards those at risk. The research study aims to investigate mpox vaccine uptake and real-world effectiveness in Australia
- Determine the level of previous mpox infections at the study starting point and measure the mpox incidence over the 12 – 18-month follow-up period.
- Determine the effectiveness of vaccine dosing strategies.
- Measure rates and predictors of vaccine uptake.
- Measure the severity of mpox infection which occurs before and after vaccination.
- Identify under-vaccinated, at-risk populations to guide effective public health responses to mpox.